- Long Beach, New York City Data
- The City of Long Beach
- The Long Beach Historical and Preservation Society
LONG BEACH FACTS
- Long Beach has so much to offer above it’s wonderful community. Read about some interesting facts that make Long Beach so unique!
Long Beach’s population is about 33,552 people (based on the 2013 census).
- The boardwalk, built in 1914, is 2.2 miles long and fifty (50) feet wide, with access from most boulevards.
- Long Beach was founded in 1880 when the first Long Beach Hotel was built.
- Long Beach averages 10 degrees warmer in the winter and 10 degrees cooler in the summer than inland communities on Long Island and New York City.
- Long Beach offers one of the widest ranges of living styles on Long Island including new condominiums and co-ops.